By Gloria Emeagwali, Edward Shizha
This booklet is an highbrow trip into epistemology, pedagogy, physics, structure, drugs and metallurgy. the focal point is on a variety of dimensions of African Indigenous wisdom (AIK) with an emphasis at the sciences, a space that has been ignored in AIK discourse. The authors offer diversified perspectives and views on African indigenous clinical and technological wisdom which could profit a large spectrum of lecturers, students, scholars, improvement brokers, and coverage makers, in either governmental and non-governmental firms, and permit serious and replacement analyses and probabilities for figuring out technology and expertise in an African old and modern context.
Read Online or Download African Indigenous Knowledge and the Sciences: Journeys into the Past and Present PDF
Best schools & teaching books
What African American Parents Want Educators to Know
Thompson designed an empirical examine to collect suggestions from African-American mom and dad on a number of concerns concerning their kid's education reviews. the implications, mentioned during this publication, can be used to enhance the tutoring reports of African-American little ones national. The African-American parents/guardians who participated during this examine have been organic mom and dad in two-parent houses, unmarried mom and dad, grandparents, foster mom and dad, and stepparents who have been rearing school-age young ones.
The Adults Learning Project: A Fresh Approach to Theory and Practice in Adult Learning
Ebook via tricky, Allen
Schooling platforms in lots of of the world's poorest international locations at the moment are experiencing the aftermath of the worldwide fiscal downturn. This file argues that the quandary may perhaps create a misplaced iteration of youngsters whose existence possibilities may have been irreparably broken via a failure to guard their correct to schooling.
- Making the Move to eLearning: Putting Your Course Online
- Indigenous Innovation: Universalities and Peculiarities
- School Desegregation: Oral Histories toward Understanding the Effects of White Domination
- Education and Training 14-19: Chaos or Coherence?
- Rattling Chains: Exploring Social Justice in Education
Extra resources for African Indigenous Knowledge and the Sciences: Journeys into the Past and Present
Indigenous knowledge, know-how, and design & technology. Design and Technology Education: An International Journal, 10(3), 8–10. 30 PEDAGOGICAL PRINCIPLES IN TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION Kumar, K. L. (2002). Impact of new technology on teaching and learning in technology education. Design and Technology Association International Research Conference. Ladson-Billings, G. (1994). The dream-keepers: Successful teachers of African American children. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. Ladson-Billings, G. (1995).
7) The two sciences differ in terms of process of knowledge creation, knowledge transmission and ownership of knowledge. Traditional African science ascribes human qualities to both animate and inanimate objects and mingles the material and 38 SCHOOLING AND THE AFRICAN CHILD non-material worlds, the physical and metaphysical. On the other hand, Western science subscribes to Cartesian dualism and views nature or the material world as comprised of inert matter and energy. Whereas Western science seeks to ascribe laws and principles to natural processes such as gravity, traditional African science does not (Aikenhead & Michell, 2011).
This is Africa. (2015). Zimbabwean inventor unveils amazing new prototypes. me/zimbabwean-inventor-sangulani-chikumbutso-unveils-amazingnew-prototypes/ Tripcony, P. (2010). Indigenous children and youth: Issues and underlying factors. Background paper to presentation by Dr. Penny Tripcony, Child Protection Peak, Ltd. Wahyudi, R. (2014). “Democratic” online courses as “glocalized communication” in English language teaching and applied linguistics: A proposal. Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Emerging Pedagogies, 2(3), 248–260.