By Terry Jones
This e-book includes 18 examples that use deferreds to resolve gradually hard real-world programming difficulties, besides seventy five stimulating puzzles (and their strategies) that can assist you know how and whilst to exploit deferreds. You’ll examine new tips in a enjoyable method, and develop into immersed within the perform of event-based programming.
- Understand the common sense at the back of growing deferreds and returning offers
- Get a dependent clarification of jQuery’s deferred API
- Delve into the dynamics of utilizing deferreds
- Explore a wide selection of precious deferred recipes constructed through the authors
- Gain hands-on event by means of fixing demanding situations that accompany every one recipe
- Go deeper into deferreds: stumble upon novel abstractions and mind-bending use circumstances
Read Online or Download Learning jQuery Deferreds: Taming Callback Hell with Deferreds and Promises PDF
Similar web programming books
The RadRails IDE looks good fleshed out. It presents many helpful aids to the Ruby on Rails programmer. The booklet indicates a number of examples and reveal captures.
Plus, there also are a few accelerators. Like code templates. this permits you to outline snippets of regularly occurring code. Then through a couple of keys, a snippet should be inserted at a place contained in the major code. even though, come to think about it, you need to most likely minimise utilization of this selection. simply because if overused it could possibly result in many code duplicates, which raises the dimensions of the final code, and makes upkeep tougher, if you want to make an identical switch to all situations of a given snippet.
RadRails additionally presents aid for a debugger. Making it effortless to invoke. this option is definitely worthy cautious interpreting.
I locate that HTML, XHTML & CSS for Dummies is of an analogous caliber (and quirkiness) because the different "for Dummies" books. it is a nice table reference publication for newcomers or those who do not code web content usually. i might suggest this publication as a reference / facet buy to express net coding educational books.
Create, customise, and set up your own social networking website with Elgg An up-to-date model of the first actual e-book on Elgg particular and easy-to-understand research on development your personal social networking web site with Elgg discover the enormous variety of Elgg's social networking functions together with groups, sharing, profiles and relationships discover ways to create plugins and topics with vast tutorials Written by way of funds Costello, a middle developer of the Elgg group, with a foreword from Dave Tosh, Elgg co-founder.
Reap the benefits of Sinatra, the Ruby-based internet program library and domain-specific language utilized by GitHub, LinkedIn, Engine backyard, and different widespread companies. With this concise booklet, you'll quick achieve operating wisdom of Sinatra and its minimalist method of development either standalone and modular net functions.
- ASP.NET 2.0: A Developer's Notebook
- Exam Ref 70-486 Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Building Web Solutions with ASP.NET and ADO.NET
- Yii Rapid Application Development Hotshot
Additional resources for Learning jQuery Deferreds: Taming Callback Hell with Deferreds and Promises
Putting It All Together | 17 Table 2-1. Correspondence between deferred and promise method names Deferred method Promise method resolve or resolveWith done reject or rejectWith fail notify or notifyWith progress Deferred Dynamics Here is a summary of aspects of deferred behavior (some of which were described at length earlier) that you need to understand, along with some principles of deferred usage: • If your code creates a deferred but doesn’t eventually cause it to be resolved or rejected, you’re probably doing it wrong.
3. How could you improve synchronously to allow for the case in which some of the functions to be called did not return promises or objects with a promise method? 4. promise(); } ); What difference will this make to code that adds callbacks to the promise? The answer is important. If you don’t know it, you don’t properly understand jQuery deferreds yet. 5. 75 }, 200) ); How will this behave differently from our earlier two fragments that used then and done? promise() on the result of the call to animate?
If a shutdown request arrives while we are already shutting down, we simply return a 200 immediately (see the challenges below). Challenges 1. Change the emptyPromise function so it consists of a single return statement. Deferred. 2. What will happen if the in-progress pool is empty when emptyPromise is called? 3. Change emptyPromise to accept a Boolean argument, checkImmediately. If check Immediately is true and the in-progress pool is empty when emptyPromise is called, it should return an already resolved promise.