By B????n????dicte Faivre-Tavignot
This booklet analyzes how social enterprise and base of the pyramid techniques permit businesses to reinvent themselves, or in different phrases how they're the levers for strategic renewal.
It highlights the limitations and attainable problems encountered within the means of company renewal, drawing on person and collective restraints to stipulate the main topics for a company’s profitable transition.
The writer makes use of the case of Danone to provide an explanation for how the sort of technique of strategic renewal can take time and demands a shared imaginative and prescient not just one of the administrators yet among all of the avid gamers, with a robust emphasis on long term commitment.
Throughout this booklet, the writer bargains suggestions to aid others entire this strategy with luck, encouraging the reader to grab possibilities for change.
Read Online or Download Social Business and Base of the Pyramid: Levers for Strategic Renewal PDF
Best business books
We now reside in a 'wiki' global the place mass collaboration is not just possible'it's usually the easiest answer. traditional administration notion assumes that command-and-control is the simplest option to manage the efforts of huge numbers of individuals, yet fast swap and lengthening complexity have rendered that version out of date.
Have you considered operating for your self? probably its anything you've been dreaming approximately for years. Is so, depart the Bastards at the back of is for you. For too lengthy, you've labored for different people's businesses and been bossed round by means of negative bosses. now's the time to paintings for the simplest boss you've gotten — your self!
In fact, simply because they're those truly doing the daily paintings front-line staff see an exceptional many difficulties and possibilities that their managers don't. yet so much companies do very poorly at tapping into this striking capability resource of revenue-enhancing, savings-generating rules.
- A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future
- Investing: The Last Liberal Art (2nd Edition)
- How to Beat the Market Makers at Their Own Game: Uncovering the Mysteries of Day Trading (Wiley Trading)
- Innovation and Product Management: A Holistic and Practical Approach to Uncertainty Reduction
Extra resources for Social Business and Base of the Pyramid: Levers for Strategic Renewal
Significant differences appear, for example, between the chemical sector and the cement sector. Structural constraints, such as the dependence of the production process on natural resources and the structure of the downstream sector, may hold up or encourage the adoption of proactive CSR policies by business. These issues are part of a large sphere of research as yet to be investigated . The study of reverse innovation and the transformations generated by social business type approaches, or BOP, will allow the question of “how” to be approached from both a different and complementary perspective.
1. Universal business case Numerous researchers have therefore sought to establish the link between CSR and corporate financial performance. They have thus considered the well-known From CSR to Business Models of Access to Goods and Services for All 11 business case concept, qualified by some with the word “universal” in seeking to establish a quasi-systematic link between these two notions. Several works have shown that CSR could in particular be a source for: – strategic differentiation; – risk reduction; – cost reduction: greater efficiency and productivity; – market access/operating licenses; – growth in demand.
Indeed, one of the funds which has over-performed at market level is the Vice Fund, which finances industries such as tobacco, alcohol, gaming and defense. In Karnani’s view, the only issue, faced with environmental and social challenges, remains the coercive approach. Tough laws regulating businesses and restricting them to reduce their negative externalities dramatically, as well as governance authorities, at an international level, which should be tough and capable of acting ruthlessly in the event of non-compliance with international regulations.