By Maria T. Codina Leik MSN APRN BC FNP-C
All you would like for Certification examination good fortune! "This is a good written, finished evaluation aimed toward getting ready readers for effectively finishing a board certification examination. ...This is a superb finished assessment in a concise examine consultant format." (5 Stars)--Doody's booklet overview provider This mega-review, the second one of Maria Codina Leik's "trilogy" of NP Certification courses (Family used to be released in July and Pediatric is due in 2008) covers try taking assistance utilizing Leik's particular "question dissection" process, suitable content material overview, large perform questions, and unique, present examination details in a "fast evidence" kind, saving the coed invaluable examine time whereas delivering complete instruction. go your grownup Nurse Practitioner ANCC or AANP examination, arrange for exams in class, or increase within the final semester of your software with: photographs and actual examination maneuvers that advertise visualization and make clear thoughts Organ approach stories divided into 4 components; descriptions of emergent stipulations, high-yield common actual examination findings, maneuvers, and acceptable benign variations Tables on orthopedic maneuvers, immunizations, STDs, lab exams, skins rashes, and extra that can assist you manage and bear in mind techniques Differentiation among kin and grownup perform with inclusion of geriatric strategies and standards scholars say: "I took this category in 2003 and that i did cross my grownup NP ANCC examination quickly after. Ms. Leik's type gave useful info, crucial techniques for learning, and middle subject matters on which to concentration. i'd suggest this category to others as an integral part in making sure luck in passing the certification exam." - Cynthia Milich, CNP Why the Leik procedure? Maria T. Codina Leik has been a number one supplier of examination training schooling and counseling for nearly twenty years. Her corporation, nationwide ARNP providers, Inc., has helped hundreds of thousands of nurses move their certification checks national Please word: a similar quantity to Maria Leik's sequence, Gerontological Nurse Certificaiton evaluate is due in June from Meredith Wallace and Sheila Grossman.
Read or Download Adult Nurse Practitioner Intensive Review - Fast Facts & Practice Questions PDF
Similar geriatrics books
Falls in Older People: Risk Factors and Strategies for Prevention
Over the last 20 years there was loads of overseas, really expert examine job concerned with chance components and prevention innovations for falls in older humans. This booklet offers overall healthiness care staff with an in depth research of the newest advancements within the region and is helping bridge the distance among medical magazine articles and common texts.
Mouse Genetics After The Mouse Genome: Cytogenetic And Genome Research 2004
Reprint of: Cytogenetic and Genome examine 2004, Vol. one hundred and five, No. 2-4 the home mouse holds a special position between version organisms, representing an quintessential instrument for lots of investigators, really in biomedical examine. Mouse genetics encompasses approximately a hundred years of analysis and culminated within the book of the mouse genome series in 2002, from which the assumption for this certain factor arose.
The Old Age Psychiatry Handbook: A Practical Guide
The outdated Age Psychiatry instruction manual presents a complete yet concise assessment of psychiatric, scientific and useful matters that can come up in the speciality. The publication is written in a simple assimilated structure, perfect to be used within the sanatorium and at the ward. The outdated Age Psychiatry instruction manual contains chapters on uncomplicated historical past and psychological kingdom exam, particular psychiatric syndromes and prescribing for aged psychiatric sufferers.
Management of Cancer in the Older Patient
Administration of melanoma within the Older sufferer, by means of Drs. Arash Naeim, David Reuben, and Patricia Ganz, bargains the assistance you want to successfully diagnose, refer, and deal with melanoma in geriatric sufferers. you will see the right way to offer potent melanoma screening; refer your sufferers to the proper oncologist; care for comorbidities, frailties, and different issues; navigate end-of-life concerns; and masses extra.
- Menopause Matters: Your Guide to a Long and Healthy Life (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book)
- Handbook of Geriatrics
- The 36-Hour Day: A Family Guide to Caring for Persons with Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementing Illnesses, and Memory Loss in Later Life (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book)
- The Ethics of Terminal Care: Orchestrating the End of Life
- Infectious Causes of Cancer: Targets for Intervention
Additional resources for Adult Nurse Practitioner Intensive Review - Fast Facts & Practice Questions
3) Rule out option A because of yogurt (dairy) and red meat (protein, iron, amino acids). 21 16:49 P1: SBT SVNF030C02 SVNF030/Leik September 20, 2007 Chapter 2 4) If options A, B, and D are incorrect, then the only one left is option C (most fruits and vegetables are rich in potassium). Notes 1) If one of the food choices in an answer option is incorrect, rule out this answer option because all of the foods on the list have to be correlated. 2) As this example has shown, foods from different groups are mixed into one answer.
The chest x-ray is currently not recommended as a screening test because it cannot pick up the disease at an early stage. II. Example A middle-aged male nurse is having his PPD (purified protein derivative or Mantoux test) result checked. 5 millimeters is present. It is smooth and soft and does not appear to be indurated. During the interview, the patient denies fever, cough, and weight loss. He is a nonsmoker. Which of the following is a true statement: 1) 2) 3) 4) The PPD result is negative It is a positive result and a sputum culture and chest x-ray is necessary The PPD should be repeated in 2 weeks Only a chest x-ray is indicated III.
6) Acute change can mean from seconds to hours. The most important clue to look for is the change from baseline in the patient’s condition. COMPLEX SENTENCES I. Discussion Complex sentences are written with two or more topics in one statement. It is not uncommon for the sentence to contain both negatively and positively oriented points. When answer options are written in this style, it makes them 30 16:49 P1: SBT SVNF030C02 SVNF030/Leik September 20, 2007 Question Dissection and Analysis more time-consuming to solve because they are harder to comprehend.