By Thomas DeGregori
During this provocative paintings, Thomas DeGregori explores some of the innovative technological advances of the earlier century, specifically these in agriculture.
Read Online or Download Bountiful Harvest: Technology, Food Safety, and the Environment PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* professional C++ programmer Matthew Telles exhibits builders at any point of expertise the right way to retailer hours via enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* a few of the suggestions coated comprise gaining knowledge of asserts, making a entire category, hiding a mode of a base classification, releasing blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for error at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving ideas layout makes studying every one timesaver a snap* C++ is one among modern day most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by means of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This booklet is the appropriate better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th version (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a entire company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s event crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer thoughts with businesses similar to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and basic generators. the nice company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this intriguing new development.
Nonprofit enterprises carry a different position in society because the nation's moral region. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like several company, notwithstanding, they could additionally adventure moral indiscretions. the crowd of enterprises whose sole goal during this global is to be stable and to unfold that sturdy has but to completely shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as in simple terms the nonprofit quarter can.
- Harvard Business Review on Nonprofits
- Invitation to the Party: Building Bridges to the Arts, Culture and Community
- Mobilizing generation 2.0: a practical guide to using Web 2.0 technologies to recruit, organize, and engage youth
- Successful Marketing Strategies for Nonprofit Organizations: Winning in the Age of the Elusive Donor
- Beyond Fundraising: New Strategies for Nonprofit Innovation and Investment, 2nd Edition
Additional resources for Bountiful Harvest: Technology, Food Safety, and the Environment
According to Ong (1982), Plato thought of writing as ‘‘an external, alien technology, as many people today think of the computer’’ (81). ’’ Students will no longer ‘‘need to exercise their memories, being able to rely on what is written’’ and, horror of horrors, they will lose ‘‘wisdom’’ because pupils ‘‘will be widely read without benefit of a teacher’s instruction’’ (Plato 1956, 68). The idea that we will lose ‘‘something’’ because of a new technology has been with us since Plato and probably before him.
The steel pen, which everyday recorded the images, means, and ideas of the new era’’ (790–92). Steel pens were better and cheaper than other writing instruments, and fell dramatically in price during Blake’s lifetime. 02, and after mid century, for less than a farthing’’ (794). The steel pen was part of a larger process in the Industrial Revolution that facilitated ‘‘a new accessibility of artists’ materials to the amateur market . . ’’ Due to new technologies, they became standardized, manufactured, marketable products.
The steel pen was part of a larger process in the Industrial Revolution that facilitated ‘‘a new accessibility of artists’ materials to the amateur market . . ’’ Due to new technologies, they became standardized, manufactured, marketable products. Howard adds, Machine-made papers, grease and graphite pencils, steel pens, bottled inks and etching grounds, sticks of pastel chalk and watercolor, and premixed paints in tubes were easier, quicker, and more reliable to use than their forerunners and lent themselves to modern interests in clear, simplified, and brilliant effects (793).