By Bernard Ross
This groundbreaking ebook may help nonprofit managers imagine in new and inventive methods approximately how they outline and meet the demanding situations they face--and how one can upward push above commonplace practices to raise their firms to larger functionality degrees. utilizing examples of top practices from leading edge organisations in either the company and nonprofit worlds, Breakthrough considering for Nonprofit Organizations bargains a mixture of "how-to" recommendation and case experiences that might advisor readers on a brand new highway to creativity. This publication will essentially swap the best way nonprofit execs take into consideration how they do their work--and herald a brand new period for nonprofits.
2003 Terry McAdam e-book Award Winner http://www.allianceonline.org/publications/mcadam_past_winners_1.page
Read or Download Breakthrough thinking for nonprofit organizations : creative strategies for extraordinary results PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise tips to store hours through bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* a number of the ideas lined contain studying asserts, making a whole classification, hiding a style of a base classification, releasing blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for error at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving ideas layout makes learning each one timesaver a snap* C++ is considered one of modern day most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by way of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This publication is the right significant other to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a accomplished company citizenship programThis guide attracts from the author’s event crafting and imposing philanthropic and volunteer ideas with businesses resembling IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and normal generators. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this intriguing new pattern.
Nonprofit organisations carry a distinct position in society because the nation's moral region. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to higher humanity. like every company, notwithstanding, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the crowd of organisations whose sole objective during this global is to be sturdy and to unfold that solid has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as merely the nonprofit area can.
- Boards that love fundraising
- Why Nonprofits Fail: Overcoming Founder's Syndrome, Fundphobia and Other Obstacles to Success
- Social Accounting for Sustainability: Monetizing the Social Value
- 76 Ways to Increase Special Event Attendance
- Wiley Not-for-Profit Accounting Field Guide
- Financial management and policy
Extra resources for Breakthrough thinking for nonprofit organizations : creative strategies for extraordinary results
What’s the Potential? Imagine you’re the artistic director of a classical orchestra. You plan to play to 90 percent full houses every week. You charge $20. People under twenty-ﬁve make up 25 percent of your audience. You have a 02 Ross/Segal 25-46b 8/21/02 3:02 PM Page 29 SECOND WAVE THINKING 29 special rate so that young people can get in for $10—half off the normal price. You could feel good compared to other orchestras, for which only 15 percent of the audience is under twenty-ﬁve. Or you could go down to a dance club and see ﬁve thousand young people standing in line for up to three hours to pay $30 to hear an “obscure” DJ mixing various tracks in a hot and uncomfortable environment.
Make a Movie organizations can seem to have run out of steam. They appear to be cruising. If it seems possible that your organization is in this quadrant, you might like to think about the following questions to help you develop a clearer idea of where and how to begin changing. • Is our organization capable and competent, but real focus and drive are missing? It may be that what’s needed is a new vision to electrify people and unlock untapped energy. • What are our core competencies? What are we really good at, and how can we adapt it?
These three questions are important, because: 01 Ross/Segal 11-24b 8/21/02 3:02 PM Page 13 WHERE ARE YOU STARTING YOUR BREAKTHROUGH FROM? 13 • You need to be sure you’ve correctly identiﬁed the quadrant you’re in. Otherwise you may try to apply an inappropriate strategy for change. • You need to be sure that other stakeholders share your analysis. If they don’t, you need to spend time helping the other stakeholders sign on to it. • The ﬁnal question on how long it’s taken to get where you are will guide you on whether the challenge is deeply embedded in your organization’s culture or something more recent that can be overcome quickly.