By Michael Strong, Andrew Kertesz
Dementia and Motor Neuron illness is a unmarried authoritative reference at the present figuring out of frontotemporal dementia in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). This complete paintings is perfect for scientific and examine teams targeting dementia or ALS, in addition to these operating within the fields of neuroimaging and neuropsychology.
Key subject matters lined include:
• Frontotemporal dementia, together with historical past, anatomy and impairment
• medical phenomenology and treatment
• Neuropathological, cognitive disorder and changed cognition spectrums
• Molecular and mobile neuropathology
With contributions from foreign opinion leaders in dementia and motor neuron illness, this can be a exceptional reference for proven clinicians and researchers, in addition to graduate scholars learning neurodegeneration.
Read or Download Dementia and Motor Neuron Disease PDF
Similar geriatrics books
Over the last 20 years there was loads of overseas, really expert examine task eager about chance elements and prevention recommendations for falls in older humans. This e-book presents wellbeing and fitness care staff with a close research of the newest advancements within the zone and is helping bridge the space among clinical magazine articles and normal texts.
Reprint of: Cytogenetic and Genome study 2004, Vol. one zero five, No. 2-4 the home mouse holds a different position between version organisms, representing an essential instrument for lots of investigators, quite in biomedical examine. Mouse genetics encompasses approximately a hundred years of analysis and culminated within the ebook of the mouse genome series in 2002, from which the belief for this specific factor arose.
The outdated Age Psychiatry instruction manual presents a accomplished yet concise review of psychiatric, scientific and sensible concerns which may come up in the speciality. The publication is written in a simple assimilated structure, perfect to be used within the sanatorium and at the ward. The previous Age Psychiatry guide contains chapters on uncomplicated background and psychological country exam, particular psychiatric syndromes and prescribing for aged psychiatric sufferers.
Administration of melanoma within the Older sufferer, via Drs. Arash Naeim, David Reuben, and Patricia Ganz, deals the assistance you want to successfully diagnose, refer, and deal with melanoma in geriatric sufferers. you will see how you can supply potent melanoma screening; refer your sufferers to the ideal oncologist; care for comorbidities, frailties, and different problems; navigate end-of-life matters; and masses extra.
- Aging and Cancer
- Occupational Therapy and Older People
- The Bowel Book: A Self-Help Guide for Sufferers
- Non-fibrillar Amyloidogenic Protein Assemblies - Common Cytotoxins Underlying Degenerative Diseases
- Manual of Management Counseling for the Perimenopausal and Menopausal Patient: A Clinician's Guide
- Testosterone and Aging: Clinical Research Directions
Extra resources for Dementia and Motor Neuron Disease
78. 79. 80. 81. 82. (Arg5His) tau gene mutation. Ann Neurol 2002; 51:525–30. Hong M, Zhukareva V, Vogelsberg-Ragaglia V, et al. Mutation-specific functional impairments in distinct tau isoforms of hereditary FTDP-17. Science 1998; 282:1914–17. Nacharaju P, Lewis J, Easson C, et al. Accelerated filament formation from tau protein with specific FTDP17 missense mutations. FEBS Lett 1999; 447:195–9. D’Souza I, Poorkaj P, Hong M, et al. Missense and silent tau gene mutations cause frontotemporal dementia with parkinsonism-chromosome 17 type, by affecting multiple alternative RNA splicing regulatory elements.
Neary D, Snowden JS, Gustafson L, et al. Frontotemporal lobar degeneration: a consensus on clinical diagnostic criteria. Neurology 1998; 51:1546–54. 7. Kertesz A, Munoz DG, Hillis A. Preferred terminology. Ann Neurol 2003; 54:S3–S6. 8. Hodges JR, Miller B. The classification, genetics and neuropathology of frontotemporal dementia. Introduction to the special topic papers: Part I. Neurocase 2001; 7:31–5. 03-chap03-cpp 13/6/06 1:11 pm Page 29 CLINICAL PHENOMENOLOGY AND TREATMENT OF FRONTOTEMPORAL DEMENTIA 29 9.
1 The clinical diagnostic features of FTD: clinical profile I. Core diagnostic features A. Insidious onset and gradual progression B. Early decline in social interpersonal conduct C. Early impairment in regulation of personal conduct D. Early emotional blunting E. Early loss of insight II. Supportive diagnostic features A. Behavioral disorder 1. Decline in personal hygiene and grooming 2. Mental rigidity and inflexibility 3. Distractibility and impersistence 4. Hyperorality and dietary changes 5.