By Joseph S. Wholey, Harry P. Hatry, Kathryn E. Newcomer
The second one variation of guide of functional application review bargains managers, analysts, experts, and educators in executive, nonprofit, and personal associations a necessary source that outlines effective and low in cost tools for assessing application effects and picking how one can increase software performance. The guide has been completely revised. Many new chapters were ready for this variation, together with chapters on common sense modeling and on assessment purposes for small nonprofit organizations. Th e instruction manual of sensible application evaluate is a finished source on review, overlaying either in-depth application reviews and function monitoring. It provides assessment tools that might be worthy in any respect degrees of presidency and in nonprofit agencies.
Read Online or Download Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
* professional C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise easy methods to shop hours by way of enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* a number of the suggestions coated contain getting to know asserts, making a entire type, hiding a mode of a base category, releasing blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for mistakes at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and decreasing code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving options structure makes studying every one timesaver a snap* C++ is one in every of brand new most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by way of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This ebook is the fitting better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a complete company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s event crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer techniques with businesses akin to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and basic generators. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this fascinating new pattern.
Nonprofit businesses carry a unique position in society because the nation's moral quarter. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like every company, besides the fact that, they could additionally adventure moral indiscretions. the crowd of companies whose sole function during this international is to be sturdy and to unfold that reliable has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as purely the nonprofit zone can.
- Secret Societies and Clubs in American History
- Nonprofit Essentials: The Development Plan (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series)
- The Art of Judgment: A Study of Policy Making
- Solidarity Economy and Social Business: New Models for a New Society
- The Executive Director's Guide to Thriving as a Nonprofit Leader, 2nd Edition
Additional info for Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation
Are decisions pending about continuation, modification, or termination? Is there considerable support for the program by influential interest groups that would make termination highly unlikely? Can the evaluation be done in time to be useful? Are the data available now? How long will it take to collect the data needed to answer key evaluation questions? Is the program significant enough to merit evaluation? Does the program consume a large amount of resources? Is program performance marginal? Are there problems with program delivery?
Negotiating researchable questions with clients can be fraught with difficulties for evaluators as well as for managers who may be affected by the findings. A great deal of evaluation work performed for public and nonprofit programs is contracted out, and given current pressures toward outsourcing along with internal evaluation resource constraints, this trend is likely to continue. Contracting out evaluation places even more importance on the need to identify sufficiently targeted evaluation questions.
A logic model is a plausible and sensible model of how the program will work under certain environmental conditions to solve identified problems (Bickman, 1987). It can be the basis for a convincing story of the program’s expected performance, telling stakeholders and others the problem the program focuses on and how it is uniquely qualified to address it. The elements of the logic model are resources, activities, outputs, short-, and intermediate- and longer-term outcomes (Wholey, 1983, 1987).