By Joseph S. Wholey, Harry P. Hatry, Kathryn E. Newcomer
The second one variation of guide of functional software overview bargains managers, analysts, experts, and educators in executive, nonprofit, and personal associations a invaluable source that outlines effective and reasonably priced equipment for assessing application effects and opting for how one can enhance software performance. The guide has been completely revised. Many new chapters were ready for this version, together with chapters on common sense modeling and on overview functions for small nonprofit organizations. The instruction manual of useful application overview is a entire source on evaluate, masking either in-depth application reviews and function monitoring. It offers overview tools that may be invaluable in any respect degrees of presidency and in nonprofit organisations.
Read or Download Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation (Essential Texts for Nonprofit and Public Leadership and Mana) PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
* professional C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise the right way to keep hours by way of enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* the various ideas lined contain studying asserts, making a whole category, hiding a mode of a base classification, liberating blocks of reminiscence, enforcing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for error at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving innovations layout makes studying each one timesaver a snap* C++ is certainly one of modern-day most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by way of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This e-book is the correct better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th version (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a complete company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s adventure crafting and imposing philanthropic and volunteer concepts with businesses akin to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common turbines. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this intriguing new pattern.
Nonprofit agencies carry a distinct position in society because the nation's moral area. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to higher humanity. like all company, although, they could additionally adventure moral indiscretions. the crowd of corporations whose sole function during this global is to be stable and to unfold that solid has but to completely shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as in simple terms the nonprofit area can.
- Philanthropy in America: A Comprehensive Historical Encyclopedia (3 vol set)
- Nonprofit Sustainability: Making Strategic Decisions for Financial Viability
- Human Resource Management in the Nonprofit Sector: Passion, Purpose and Professionalism
- Corporate Social Investing: The Breakthrough Strategy for Giving & Getting Corporate Contributions
Additional info for Handbook of Practical Program Evaluation (Essential Texts for Nonprofit and Public Leadership and Mana)
Deductive, rigorous designs for measuring program impact are discussed, as well as more inductive, qualitative approaches to assess program quality. A variety of useful evaluation approaches are discussed, drawing on statistical and economic theory, as well as psychological measurement and group theory. The handbook covers ongoing monitoring of program performance and ad hoc studies of past and existing programs. qxd 4/14/04 8:13 PM Page xxxvii Meeting the Need for Practical Evaluation Approaches xxxvii develop recommendations for program improvement, our use of the term program evaluation excludes attempts to judge the worth of future programs.
Evaluation design decisions, in turn, affect where and how data will be collected. To help evaluators and program personnel make the best design decisions, a pilot test of proposed data collection procedures should be considered. Pilot tests may be valuable in refining evaluation designs; they can clarify the feasibility and costs of data collection as well as the likely utility of different data analysis strategies. qxd 4/14/04 xlii 8:13 PM Page xlii Meeting the Need for Practical Evaluation Approaches Data Collection Data collection choices may be politically as well as bureaucratically tricky.
Practical Program Evaluation for State and Local Governments. : Urban Institute Press, 1981. Patton, M. Q. Utilization-Focused Evaluation. : Sage, 2001. S. Office of Management and Budget. Budget Baselines, Historical Data, and Alternatives for the Future. : Executive Office of the President, Jan. 1993. qxd 4/14/04 8:14 PM Page 1 Part One Designing Performance Monitoring Systems and Evaluation Studies The chapters in Part One discuss a variety of techniques and strategies. The authors provide guidance relevant to designing ongoing evaluation (or monitoring) systems as well as one-shot studies.