By Bruce R. Hopkins
A targeted, beneficial advisor to nonprofit criminal terminology and definitions
The Bruce R. Hopkins Nonprofit legislation Dictionary is a radical expert reference for the terminology and definitions surrounding the legislations of tax-exempt enterprises. writer Bruce R. Hopkins, the country's major specialist in nonprofit legislations, attracts upon forty five years of perform to carry a real dictionary reference for legal professionals focusing on nonprofit legislation and tax legislations. The book's terminology and definitions are derived from always altering statutes, govt service provider rules and rulings, court docket reviews, and govt types and directions, with citations supplied the place applicable. Modeled after a traditional dictionary, this booklet deals fast navigation to the data of curiosity, and issues you towards the opposite Hopkins publications that offer extra in-depth info if you happen to require it.
The satan is within the information, and nowhere is that assertion more true than within the criminal career. mistaken interpretation of a unmarried word could cause outcomes for either buyer and lawyer, and verbiage might be deliberately imprecise with without notice vast or slender definitions. This advisor delivers the main normally permitted interpretations of terminology comparable particularly to nonprofit legislations, so that you can think convinced within the caliber of provider you supply on your clients.
- Stay brand new at the most recent in nonprofit law
- Confirm the approved definitions of felony phrases and phrases
- Learn the place to show for deeper suggestions on particular topics
- Gain professional perception into vague and intricate definitions
Stop spending time wading via textbooks and case legislations, in simple terms to wonder if or now not the data you finally discovered applies to nonprofit legislation within the related means. targeted in particular at the legislations because it applies to the nonprofit zone, the Bruce R. Hopkins Nonprofit legislation Dictionary is an imperative reference that provides you the data you wish speedy and easily.
Read or Download Hopkins' Nonprofit Law Dictionary PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise the best way to keep hours through bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* the various strategies coated contain studying asserts, making a entire category, hiding a style of a base classification, releasing blocks of reminiscence, enforcing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for mistakes at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving ideas layout makes learning every one timesaver a snap* C++ is one among modern day most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by means of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This booklet is definitely the right significant other to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a finished company citizenship programThis guide attracts from the author’s adventure crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer recommendations with businesses reminiscent of IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and normal turbines. the nice company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this fascinating new pattern.
Nonprofit firms carry a different position in society because the nation's moral quarter. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like every company, even if, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the gang of agencies whose sole goal during this international is to be solid and to unfold that strong has but to completely shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as merely the nonprofit area can.
- THE NGO HANDBOOK
- The Globalization of Chinese Companies: Strategies for Conquering International Markets
- Joint Ventures Involving Tax-Exempt Organizations (Wiley Nonprofit Law, Finance and Management Series)
- Fund raising: the guide to raising money from private sources
- Grant Seeker's Budget Toolkit (Wiley Nonprofit Law, Finance and Management Series)
- Managing IT in Government, Business & Communities
Additional info for Hopkins' Nonprofit Law Dictionary
Authority The word “authority” is used by lawyers to describe the body of law that supports their position with respect to a particular set of facts. To some extent, the term is synonymous with the concept of precedent. That term, however, is usually used in connection with court opinions; “authority” can also include statutes, regulations, rules, agency rulings, and (sometimes) scholarly articles. S. Congress that creates law. The term is often used when the legislation “authorizes” a government program.
SM pp. 40]. articles of organization The phrase “articles of organization” is used to describe the document by which an organization is created. It is the document that is the subject of the organizational test. The articles of organization of a nonprofit organization should contain a variety of provisions, including those stating the organization’s name and purposes; whether there will be members and, if so, the qualifications and classes of them; the members of the initial board of directors (or board ASSEMBLY, FREEDOM OF 33 of trustees); the registered agent and incorporators (if a corporation); the dissolution or liquidation procedure; and the requisite language (if any) referencing the appropriate tax law (federal and state) requirements and prohibitions.
Agricultural organization The term “agricultural organization” means an entity that is organized and operated primarily in activities related to agriculture. This type of organization may qualify for tax-exempt status pursuant to the federal income tax rules (IRC § 501(a), by reason of IRC § 501(c)(5)). 9; SM pp. 41, 55]. agriculture For purposes of the federal tax law concerning tax exemption for agricultural organizations, the term “agriculture” includes the art or science of cultivating land, harvesting crops or aquatic resources, or raising livestock (IRC § 501(g)).