By Ronald R. Sims, Scott A. Quatro
The participants to this wide-ranging quantity search to outline precisely what management is or will be, and the way to successfully boost it. Guided by means of an strange framework that appears at management throughout diverse sectors and services, they research what they view because the significant management demanding situations in hugely noticeable for-profit, not-for-profit, and govt businesses in the course of the global. Their insights will turn out both invaluable as a common survey of management difficulties for govt coverage makers, and for undergraduate and graduate scholars within the particular fields tested within the textual content.
Read Online or Download Leadership: Succeeding In The Private, Public, And Not-for-profit Sectors PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* professional C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise tips to retailer hours via bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* a number of the thoughts lined comprise learning asserts, making a whole category, hiding a style of a base classification, releasing blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for mistakes at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving innovations structure makes getting to know every one timesaver a snap* C++ is certainly one of modern most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by means of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This ebook is the proper significant other to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a accomplished company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s event crafting and imposing philanthropic and volunteer recommendations with businesses resembling IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and normal turbines. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this interesting new pattern.
Nonprofit businesses carry a unique position in society because the nation's moral area. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like all enterprise, notwithstanding, they could additionally adventure moral indiscretions. the gang of companies whose sole goal during this international is to be stable and to unfold that solid has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as in simple terms the nonprofit area can.
- The law of tax-exempt healthcare organizations
- Starting & Building A Nonprofit: A Practical Guide
- Joint ventures involving tax-exempt organizations
- Soziale Investitionen: Interdisziplinäre Perspektiven
- Property Rights and Managerial Decisions in For-profit, Nonprofit, and Public Organizations: Comparative Theory and Policy
Additional resources for Leadership: Succeeding In The Private, Public, And Not-for-profit Sectors
Fastow, as CFO of Enron, would normally be precluded from operating an SPE created as counterparty to take the loss potential; however, the Enron board of directors specifically waived Enron’s conflict-of-interest rules. Fastow and his wife made substantial profits in exchange for their willingness to manage SPEs that provided Enron with hedges 28 FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS that independent, commercial counterparties would never have accepted. The SPE would be substantially owned by Enron itself, but as long as other investors independent of Enron maintained at least a 3 percent equity investment in the SPE (an investment that had to be at risk throughout the transaction) and the independent owners exercised control over the SPE, the SPE financial statements did not have to be consolidated with those of Enron.
In a marketing orientation, knowing as much as possible about customers extends beyond simply tracking usage patterns. Already mentioned is the technique of using customer contact as an opportunity to gather information. In addition, knowing what technological innovations are attractive to customers, whether these are fuel cells, batteries, or individually owned generation, will help utility leadership prepare for an expansion of competition that could involve their distribution systems: electric, which may experience underutilized investment as consumers switch to alternate energy sources; FROM MONOPOLY TO COMPETITION 13 and gas, which may experience an increase in demand as customers use gas to fuel local generation.
1997). Decision 97–05–040. gov/). CAEM. (2003). org/. , and C. Surprenant. (1982). ” Journal of Marketing Research 24 (11): 491–504. , and J. Ellig. (1998). ” Electricity Journal (January/February): 12–16. A. (1993). ” In The Service Quality Handbook, ed. E. F. Christopher, 389–407. New York: AMACOM. , and M. Moore. (1998). ” Journal for Quality and Participation 21 (3): 21–25. DeMichele, R. (1994). ” In Lessons in Cultural Change: The Utility Industry Experience, ed. R. Theibert, 1–15. Arlington, VA: Public Utilities Reports.