By Peggy M. Jackson
May your nonprofit withstand danger evaluate from open air authorities?Would it's prepared should still a keystaff member leave?Risk administration and company continuity making plans have the potential of becoming and strengthening the interior constitution of your nonprofit, but, those an important practices are frequently deferred--or avoided--because many nonprofits worry the making plans method will take eternally, step on ft, or assemble dirt on a shelf as soon as it really is completed.With necessary templates, checklists, and worksheets to facilitate making plans and education, Nonprofit hazard administration & Contingency making plans: performed in an afternoon recommendations is the hot, basic approach to your nonprofit to get chance administration making plans done.With a few simple preparation--and commitment of a unmarried day--this easy-to-read and easy-to-use device introduces you to the nuts and bolts of strategic making plans and equips you with the constitution to have interaction effectively in a contingency making plans process.Get Nonprofit possibility administration & Contingency making plans and get danger administration making plans done--in an afternoon.
Read or Download Nonprofit Risk Management & Contingency Planning: Done in a Day Strategies PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise find out how to retailer hours via enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* a few of the ideas lined contain studying asserts, making a entire type, hiding a mode of a base category, releasing blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for blunders at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving thoughts structure makes gaining knowledge of each one timesaver a snap* C++ is certainly one of modern most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by means of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This ebook is the correct spouse to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a entire company citizenship programThis guide attracts from the author’s event crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer concepts with businesses resembling IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common turbines. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this intriguing new pattern.
Nonprofit enterprises carry a different position in society because the nation's moral area. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to higher humanity. like all company, in spite of the fact that, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the crowd of corporations whose sole function during this international is to be sturdy and to unfold that stable has but to completely shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as in simple terms the nonprofit region can.
- Legacies for Libraries: A Practical Guide to Planned Giving
- Doing good well : what does (and does not) make sense in the nonprofit world
- Philanthropic Foundations, Public Good and Public Policy
- Business Finance: Theory and Practice, 8th Edition
- Variance Accounting
- Strategic Planning for Public and Nonprofit Organizations: A Guide to Strengthening and Sustaining Organizational Achievement, 3rd Edition
Extra info for Nonprofit Risk Management & Contingency Planning: Done in a Day Strategies
Is there a rule that requires board members to attend board meetings? • Do the board meetings have agendas and minutes? Are the minutes prepared in a professional manner? Could an outside observer know, from the minutes, who was present, who was absent, what motions were voted on and the results? • Does the board have directors’ and officers’ liability insurance? • Are new board members required to attend a board orientation? • Are board members briefed on new legislative developments, such as Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and any relevant state legislation?
Are there protocols for progressive discipline/termination of staff and volunteers? • Does the nonprofit have grievance procedures (for issues other than waste, fraud, and abuse)? • Do staff and volunteers have job descriptions, and do they receive performance evaluations on a regular basis? • Does the nonprofit have written policies about sick leave, vacation, or other paid or unpaid time off ? • Does the nonprofit have written policies prohibiting inappropriate behavior, such as sexual harassment or drug/alcohol abuse?
Your nonprofit can choose one method or combine several to deal with identified risks. For example, your nonprofit might identify a risk area as insufficient internal controls in handling reimbursements. You could consider treating this risk by outsourcing the handling of the reimbursements to the vendor who does the nonprofit’s payroll. qxp 5/16/06 32 10:16 AM Page 32 chapter 2 what is risk management? vendor. The risk could also be modified by implementing new policies and procedures for reimbursement of expenses.