By Charles R. Portwood II
- Learn to paintings with the major facets of Yii Framework 2
- Explore how you can create RESTful APIs with Yii
- Incorporate codeception with Yii2 to check your code thoroughly
The successor of Yii Framework 1.1, Yii2 is an entire rewrite of Yii Framework, probably the most renowned Hypertext Preprocessor five frameworks for making sleek net functions. The replace embraces the easiest practices and protocols demonstrated with more moderen models of Hypertext Preprocessor, whereas nonetheless holding the straightforward, speedy, and extendable habit present in its predecessor.
This ebook has been written to reinforce your abilities and information with Yii Framework 2. beginning with configuration and the way to initialize new initiatives, you will methods to configure, deal with, and use each element of Yii2 from Gii, DAO, question Builder, energetic checklist, and migrations, to asset supervisor. you will additionally notice tips on how to immediately try out your code utilizing codeception.
With this publication by means of your aspect, you will have the entire talents you must speedy create wealthy glossy internet and console functions with Yii2.
What you are going to learn
- Explore Yii2's conventions and competently configure Yii2
- Create either internet and console applications
- Reduce improvement time via studying to create periods instantly with Gii, Yii2's automated code iteration tool
- Use Yii2's database migration tool
- Manage and entry databases with lively list, DAO, and question Builder
- Handle person authentication and authorization inside of Yii2
- Create RESTful APIs with Yii Framework 2
- Test functions instantly with codeception
About the Author
Charles R. Portwood II has over 10 years of expertise constructing sleek internet purposes and is easily versed in integrating personal home page with local cellular purposes. An avid proponent of Yii Framework and open resource software program, Charles has contributed a number of publications, extensions, and purposes to the Yii neighborhood. as well as being a programmer, he's additionally a Linux process administrator.
Table of Contents
- Composer, Configuration, periods, and direction Aliases
- Console instructions and Applications
- Migrations, DAO, and question Building
- Active list, versions, and Forms
- Modules, Widgets, and Helpers
- Asset Management
- Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Routing, Responses, and Events
- RESTful APIs
- Testing with Codeception
- Internationalization and Localization
- Performance and Security
- Debugging and Deploying