By Andrea Grove, Gary A. Berg (eds.)
Conceptualized and positioned into perform by means of Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient Dr. Muhammad Yunus, social companies paintings to deal with social ills resembling poverty, loss of well-being care, gaps in schooling and environmental demanding situations. This publication explores the ideation, perform and review of the concept that of social enterprise. not only theoretical foundations yet a number of case reports of social companies world wide and cutting-edge overview of the problems that come up within the making plans, advertising and assessment of social companies, are featured during this book.
This state-of-the-art selection of articles, awarded via the California Institute for Social enterprise (CISB) in collaboration with Professor Yunus, is without doubt one of the first accomplished collections of concept and study at the rising box of social company. the varied crew of authors come from worldwide and from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds, representing the major educational specialists on social enterprise phenomena.
Read or Download Social Business: Theory, Practice, and Critical Perspectives PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles exhibits builders at any point of expertise the way to keep hours through bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* many of the suggestions coated contain gaining knowledge of asserts, making a entire type, hiding a mode of a base classification, releasing blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for blunders at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving suggestions layout makes getting to know each one timesaver a snap* C++ is one in all contemporary most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by way of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This booklet is the appropriate better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th version (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a complete company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s event crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer recommendations with businesses similar to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and basic turbines. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this interesting new pattern.
Nonprofit agencies carry a different position in society because the nation's moral area. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to higher humanity. like several enterprise, although, they could additionally adventure moral indiscretions. the gang of companies whose sole goal during this international is to be reliable and to unfold that stable has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as in basic terms the nonprofit area can.
- Corporate Community Involvement: The Definitive Guide To Maximizing Your Business' Societal Engagement
- Strategic Communication for Sustainable Organizations: Theory and Practice
- Corporate Social Responsibility und Marketing: Eine Einführung in das Transformative Marketing in Theorie und Praxis
- Seasonality and Microcredit: The Case of Northern Bangladesh
- Rhetorics of Welfare: Uncertainty, Choice and Voluntary Associations
- Managing nonprofit organizations
Additional resources for Social Business: Theory, Practice, and Critical Perspectives
Retrieved from EBSCOhost. , & Christiansen, B. (2009). Ten nonprofit funding models. Stanford Social Innovation Review, 7(2), 32–39. Retrieved 3 Dec 2010, from ABI/INFORM Global. (Document ID: 1667119381). Frances, N. (2008). The end of charity: Time for social enterprise. Crows Nest: Allen & Unwin. , & Borzaga, G. (2009). Social enterprise: An international overview of its conceptual evolution and legal implementation. Social Enterprise Journal, 5(3), 210–228. Retrieved 12 Jan 2011, from ABI/INFORM Global.
For example, a venture that relocates people from their village to build a hydroelectric power point might be assessed as socially desirable from a utilitarian perspective, if the project increases the overall happiness in society. A capability perspective, in contrast, might criticize the same project if the venture reduces fundamental capabilities of the relocated people such as their ability to live long, healthy lives, and to engage in political participation. Using a normative perspective, the meaning of the “social” dimension consequently depends on the particular ethical theory at hand.
Since Wikipedia wants to safeguard its independence, it has so far purposefully chosen to rely on a donation-based solution. 1 also shows that there are social organizations that neither qualify as social business nor as social entrepreneurship (Box III). Examples are social welfare organizations such as charities that operate donation-based and deliver elementary services in a proven manner such as the Salvation Army, Amnesty International or community soup kitchens. To summarize, this section has extracted two definitional dimensions (origin of finance and degree of innovation) from the literature on business and entrepreneurship.