By David Lewis
Exploring the newly rising box of the administration of Non-Governmental firms (NGOs) operating in constructing nations, this informative book draws upon present learn in non-profit administration, improvement management and enterprise administration. Key matters coated include:
* the altering worldwide and native contexts of improvement co-operation * administration applied sciences resembling empowerment and stakeholder research * structural concerns equivalent to responsibility, governance and participation * studying and variety * facing complexity and uncertainty.
Illustrated all through with examples drawn from the author's personal study and consultancy adventure, this crucial textual content develops a version of NGO administration which unearths the particular organizational demanding situations they face.
Read or Download The Management of Non-Governmental Development Organizations: An Introduction PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise the right way to store hours by means of bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* a few of the strategies coated comprise studying asserts, making a entire classification, hiding a mode of a base category, liberating blocks of reminiscence, enforcing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for error at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving innovations layout makes getting to know every one timesaver a snap* C++ is considered one of latest most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by way of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This publication is the proper significant other to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a accomplished company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s adventure crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer innovations with businesses akin to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and basic turbines. the nice company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this fascinating new development.
Nonprofit businesses carry a different position in society because the nation's moral quarter. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like all company, besides the fact that, they could additionally adventure moral indiscretions. the crowd of agencies whose sole function during this global is to be reliable and to unfold that strong has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as purely the nonprofit area can.
- Agricultural Trade Facilitation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Structure and Dynamics of the European Market for Horticultural Products and Opportunities for SSA Exporters (World Bank Working Papers, No. 63)
- Nonprofit Law for Colleges and Universities: Essential Questions and Answers for Officers, Directors, and Advisors
- A History of UNESCO: Global Actions and Impacts
- Creating Shared Value: Impacts of Nestlé in Moga, India
- Not-for-profit accounting made easy
- Strategy Mix for Nonprofit Organisations: Vehicles for Social and Labour Market Integrations
Extra info for The Management of Non-Governmental Development Organizations: An Introduction
6 The new field of ‘third sector management’ As we saw earlier, NGOs are organizations with two distinct sides to their identity – as well as being development organizations, they are also part of the larger family of so-called ‘third sector’ organizations. This larger family includes a wide range of organizations which are neither part of the government sector, nor are they for-profit businesses whose raison d’être is the making of money. The third sector includes education establishments, pressure groups, religious organizations, trade unions, recreational clubs, community self-help initiatives and charitable welfare societies.
What makes for salient differences are context and the ends of management. These cannot be ignored, any more than we can forget that different theories of management are themselves contextual. (Dichter 1989a: 385) Both Western and non-Western NGOs have been drawn to peoplecentred participatory management ideas, and these may fit well with the NGOs’ overall ideologies and objectives. But such ideas have usually originated in stable, strongly defined organizations in the context of strong supporting structures and institutions.
This larger family includes a wide range of organizations which are neither part of the government sector, nor are they for-profit businesses whose raison d’être is the making of money. The third sector includes education establishments, pressure groups, religious organizations, trade unions, recreational clubs, community self-help initiatives and charitable welfare societies. g. g. Batsleer et al. 1992; Billis 1993; Harris 1999; Hudson 1995) and this research has obvious implications for understanding NGO management, since almost all third sector organizations will arguably have at least some types of management issues in common.