Humans looking paintings in both non-profit or govt organisations are likely to have whatever in universal: they wish a task the place they could make a distinction. those firms aren’t for the faint of spirit—money will be a topic, and the emotional calls for will be nice. yet for devoted individuals with a feeling of civic accountability, those enterprises should be the main profitable locations to paintings. in the event that your profession concentration is much less approximately getting wealthy speedy and extra approximately doing anything significant, then a task in non-profits or executive should be for you. That acknowledged, try out this new advisor to get the interior scoop on: who is who, and the place they rank, within the non-profit and executive arenas What different types of jobs can be found to MBAs and undergrads What paintings lifestyles is like, together with such things as hours, tradition, vacation trips, and reimbursement the way to get your foot within the door at a non-profit or govt corporation assets to assist you on your examine and activity seek extra!
Read Online or Download The WetFeet Insider Guide to Careers in Non-Profits and Government Agencies PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles exhibits builders at any point of expertise how one can shop hours by means of enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* a few of the strategies coated contain studying asserts, making a whole type, hiding a style of a base type, liberating blocks of reminiscence, enforcing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for mistakes at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and decreasing code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving ideas structure makes gaining knowledge of every one timesaver a snap* C++ is certainly one of ultra-modern most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided via Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This booklet is the appropriate significant other to C++ For Dummies, 5th version (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a complete company citizenship programThis guide attracts from the author’s adventure crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer ideas with businesses reminiscent of IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and normal generators. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this fascinating new development.
Nonprofit firms carry a distinct position in society because the nation's moral zone. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like several enterprise, notwithstanding, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the crowd of agencies whose sole goal during this international is to be stable and to unfold that sturdy has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as in basic terms the nonprofit area can.
- Writing off ideas: taxation, foundations, and philanthropy in America
- Human Resource Management in the Nonprofit Sector: Passion, Purpose and Professionalism
- Coaching Skills for Nonprofit Managers and Leaders: Developing People to Achieve Your Mission (Josseybass)
- Creating and Implementing Your Strategic Plan: A Workbook for Public and Nonprofit Organizations, 2nd Edition
- Return on impact : leadership strategies for the age of connected relationships
- Intelligent Knowledge: A Study beyond Data Mining
Extra resources for The WetFeet Insider Guide to Careers in Non-Profits and Government Agencies
Org Teach for America is the national corps of outstanding recent college graduates, of all academic majors, who commit two years to teach in public schools in low-income communities. Since its founding, the organization has placed more than 7,000 recent college graduates as teachers in some of the 36 Copyright 2003 WetFeet, Inc. nation’s most under-resourced urban and rural schools. The organization was started by Wendy Kopp, who, as a senior at Princeton University in 1989, dreamed up the idea.
Most people who work for the legislative branch of the federal government are based in Washington, DC. They are on the staffs of legislators or legislative agencies, such as the aforementioned Library of Congress. Representatives and senators also maintain staffs in their home districts and states. Every senator and representative hires a staff to assist with his or her job, and this is where many opportunities exist in Washington for young people, provided they have good educations and, usually, good connections.
Nearly 85 percent of Goodwill’s revenue goes to job training, placement programs, and other community services. In 2002, Goodwill served 583,351 clients. 32 Copyright 2003 WetFeet, Inc. org Since 1976, Habitat for Humanity has built more than 150,000 houses worldwide. Houses are sold to local buyers at no profit with no-interest mortgages. Habitat for Humanity has provided more than 750,000 people in more than 3,000 communities with safe, decent, affordable shelter. The organization depends on The Organizations a loyal group of employees and volunteers, who pay their own way to help construct new buildings.