By Reynold Levy
Easy methods to strength up your fundraising-from Reynold Levy, the grasp of fundraisingDrawing on his event in elevating over one thousand million money in six years as President of Lincoln heart, Reynold Levy has written the last word insider's advisor to soliciting for and receiving funds.Rich with insights and beneficial suggestion from Levy's personal classes realized, this robust e-book is for you, no matter if your company is anxious with wellbeing and fitness, schooling, the humanities, or humanitarian factors, a imagine tank or advocacy staff, proven or fledgling. Insightful, artistic, and funny, Yours for the Asking attracts again the curtain to reveal Levy's secrets and techniques of good fortune and divulges the way you can:Tap into the assets of donors, huge and small, on your establishment or causeReach prosperous humans and effectively carry domestic the baconPut apart fears, qualms, and hesitancies and hopefully ask for fundsLocate the intersection among the pursuits of industrial and the desires of your nonprofit organizationSolve the secret of fundraising from foundationsExplore your organization's destiny in fundraising and parent its long term trendsLearn the simplest how you can wrestle the adversarial impression of a large, deep, and lengthy recessionYours for the Asking will remodel your view of fundraising from a dreaded point of your task to a excessive calling, from "pleading" for cash to aiding donors locate excitement in advancing social reasons and strengthening key nonprofit institutions.Affluence and generosity abound. it is all yours-for the asking.
Read Online or Download Yours for the Asking: An Indispensable Guide to Fundraising and Management PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
* professional C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise the right way to keep hours via bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* the various suggestions coated comprise studying asserts, making a entire category, hiding a style of a base type, releasing blocks of reminiscence, enforcing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for mistakes at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving concepts layout makes getting to know every one timesaver a snap* C++ is one among cutting-edge most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided via Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This ebook is the ideal better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a finished company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s adventure crafting and imposing philanthropic and volunteer techniques with businesses akin to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common generators. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this interesting new pattern.
Nonprofit organisations carry a different position in society because the nation's moral zone. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to higher humanity. like several enterprise, notwithstanding, they could additionally adventure moral indiscretions. the gang of companies whose sole objective during this global is to be stable and to unfold that sturdy has but to completely shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as in basic terms the nonprofit quarter can.
- Leading the Fundraising Charge: The Role of the Nonprofit Executive
- 63 Winning Fundraising Strategies: Terrific Ideas for Meeting Your Goal
- Tax Planning and Compliance for Tax-Exempt Organizations: Rules, Checklists, Procedures (Wiley Nonprofit Law, Finance and Management Series)
- Not-for-Profit Accounting, Tax, and Reporting Requirements
- The Association Guide to Going Global: New Strategies for a Changing Economic Landscape
Additional resources for Yours for the Asking: An Indispensable Guide to Fundraising and Management
It would have required trustees to look in the mirror and ask more of themselves and of one another. It would have meant raising the organization’s metabolism, not to mention its sights. GALVANIZING GIVING: THE INTERNATIONAL RESCUE COMMITTEE Two decades later, I found myself the chief executive officer of the International Rescue Committee (IRC), a nongovernment organization that then spent about $175 million annually resettling refugees in the United States and serving refugees and displaced people abroad in over two dozen countries with health, education, community development, agricultural, job creation, and leadership training services.
So much of the health of the institution you represent resides in how effectively you embrace its mission, harness the energy of advocates, and rally the fortunate to its cause. Occasional setbacks in the national economy are more likely to be speed bumps than serious barriers to fundraising success. As I write, debate ensues about whether the American economy is in a recession and, if so, for how long and how deep. Short and shallow is my guess. But no matter, don’t let the naysayers and skeptics, the preachers of doom and gloom slow you down, or alter your mood.
I write Yours for the Asking out of a conviction that fundraising is an important ingredient of what makes great things happen in our inventive, problem-solving nonprofit sector and out of a strong sense that we who are charged with the privilege of raising funds can do better. Much better. America is the richest country on earth. And while the municipal, state, and federal governments have indispensable roles to play, as do socially responsible businesses, we have yet to witness anything like the full flowering of American philanthropy.