By Adrian Sargeant
Construction Donor Loyalty is a hands-on advisor written for pro fundraisers that outlines the standards that force donor retention, explains find out how to preserve donors dedicated to a company, and provides feedback for constructing donor price through the years. it really is in response to information drawn from a learn application which incorporated greater than 20,000 nonprofit corporations and used to be funded by way of the Aspen beginning and the Indiana Fund in the course of the heart on Philanthropy at Indiana collage. construction Donor Loyalty features a number of illustrative case experiences that reveal the ability of powerful donor retention thoughts and obviously explains all the elements that may construct donor retention. It comprises instruments and methods that experience confirmed winning whilst growing to be long term relationships with donors and gives useful recommendation for fundraisers who are looking to combine this information into their very own pondering, making plans, and perform.
Read or Download Building Donor Loyalty: The Fundraiser's Guide to Increasing Lifetime Value PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise the best way to retailer hours via enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* many of the innovations coated contain gaining knowledge of asserts, making a whole classification, hiding a style of a base classification, liberating blocks of reminiscence, enforcing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for blunders at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and decreasing code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving concepts structure makes getting to know every one timesaver a snap* C++ is one in all brand new most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by way of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This e-book is the correct significant other to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a accomplished company citizenship programThis guide attracts from the author’s event crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer techniques with businesses reminiscent of IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common generators. the nice company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this fascinating new pattern.
Nonprofit organisations carry a different position in society because the nation's moral area. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to higher humanity. like every company, although, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the crowd of firms whose sole objective during this global is to be sturdy and to unfold that reliable has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as simply the nonprofit zone can.
- Nonprofit Strategic Planning: Leveraging Sarbanes-Oxley Best Practices
- We Make a Life by What We Give
- Handbook of Strategic Planning for Nonprofit Organizations
- The 'How To' Grants Manual: Successful Grantseeking Techniques for Obtaining Public and Private Grants (American Council on Education Series on Higher Education)
- The Annual Campaign
- Enhancing Agricultural Innovation: How to Go Beyond the Strengthening of Research Systems
Extra info for Building Donor Loyalty: The Fundraiser's Guide to Increasing Lifetime Value
They ultimately begin to give for these reasons rather than because they merely ﬁnd the campaign materials attractive. This is a much more sustainable pattern of giving. Recognizing Donor Motivation As we shall see in Chapter Three, donors are motivated to give to nonproﬁts for a variety of reasons. One of the keys to successful retention is to recognize that this is the case and to reﬂect this motivation in the manner in which subsequent solicitations are made. Cancer-research donors, for example, may be motivated to give because they are themselves living with cancer or have a friend or a relative who is in this situation.
First, they must adjust their expectations. Giving of this type may take place only when the rewards are offered and will cease immediately thereafter. Second, fundraisers must distinguish between donors who are motivated by “selﬁsh” concerns and those who are motivated by their concern for the beneﬁciary group. Fundraisers need to understand the difference between extrinsic and intrinsic rewards. Extrinsic rewards build loyalty to the reward, whereas intrinsic rewards build loyalty to the cause.
Further examination of the data set indicated that those who describe themselves as “very satisﬁed” are twice as likely to make a further donation (to remain active) as are those who are merely satisﬁed. We return to this issue in detail in Chapter Nine. We also explored donor perceptions of the quality of the recognition and feedback they received from the organizations they were supporting. 2. OVERALL INDIVIDUAL DONOR SATISFACTION. 60 50 40 Percentage of Donors Indicating 30 20 10 0 1 2 3 4 5 Level of Satisfaction Note: 1 = strongly dissatisﬁed; 2 = dissatisﬁed; 3 = neutral; 4 = satisﬁed; 5 = very satisﬁed.