By Marc T. Braverman, Norman A. Constantine, Jana Kay Slater
“Gathered jointly during this distinctive ebook on evaluate and potent starting place perform are the experienced-based views and measured insights of either pro practitioners and key philanthropic suggestion leaders. Foundations and evaluate is a considerable imagine piece for grantmakers of any size.”--Dorothy S. Ridings, president and CEO, Council on Foundations
“Foundations and overview explores the intersection among organizational effectiveness and overview and demonstrates the necessity for dedication to overview through the starting place. . . . a great learn for either rookies to review and people with extra adventure, written via essentially the most hugely revered leaders within the field.”--Kathleen P. Enright, govt director, Grantmakers for powerful firms
Read Online or Download Foundations and Evaluation: Contexts and Practices for Effective Philanthropy PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles exhibits builders at any point of expertise the way to retailer hours via bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* a few of the ideas lined comprise getting to know asserts, making a entire category, hiding a style of a base category, releasing blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for error at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and decreasing code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving suggestions layout makes studying every one timesaver a snap* C++ is one among contemporary most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by way of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This publication is the right better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a accomplished company citizenship programThis guide attracts from the author’s event crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer thoughts with businesses reminiscent of IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common generators. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this fascinating new development.
Nonprofit enterprises carry a different position in society because the nation's moral region. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like every company, despite the fact that, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the crowd of firms whose sole objective during this international is to be sturdy and to unfold that stable has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as purely the nonprofit quarter can.
- The Charismatic Organization: Eight Ways to Grow a Nonprofit that Builds Buzz, Delights Donors, and Energizes Employees
- Breakthrough Nonprofit Branding: Seven Principles to Power Extraordinary Results (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series)
- Sustainable Value Chain Management: Delivering Sustainability Through the Core Business
- Nonprofit Essentials: Recruiting and Training Fundraising Volunteers
- 90 Days to Success in Fundraising
Additional info for Foundations and Evaluation: Contexts and Practices for Effective Philanthropy
Greene is a specialist in educational and social program evaluation at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. D. in educational psychology from Stanford University in 1976. With academic appointments at the University of Rhode Island, Cornell University, and, currently, the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, she has concentrated her scholarship on making evaluation useful and socially responsible, in terms of both theory and practice. Greene’s work has emphasized the development of alternative approaches to evaluation and applied research, notably qualitative, democratic, and mixed-method approaches.
Together, these audiences can have a powerful impact on improving the effectiveness of philanthropic efforts by putting evaluation to work for foundations. qxd 7/8/04 2:17 PM Page xli Introduction: Putting Evaluation to Work for Foundations xli Organization of the Book We open with perspectives from three foundation presidents; each presents his or her foundation’s vision for evaluation. Hodding Carter III, president and CEO of The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, discusses evaluation in relation to foundations’ obligations to understand their own philanthropic aims, planning processes, and impacts on society.
Rog and Knickman therefore offer several suggestions for evaluation efforts, based on the need for strategic evaluative thinking. Questions about program effectiveness are central to much of evaluation practice and potential use by foundations, yet rarely does evaluation provide simple and conclusive answers to questions about the effects of funded programs. In Chapter Twelve, Norman A. Constantine and Marc T. Braverman discuss important issues in appraising evidence on program effectiveness. The main goals of this chapter are to motivate and support more critical appraisal and better use of effectiveness evidence among evaluators and evaluation consumers.