By E. A. Scanlan
Praise for Fundraising Consultants
"In Fundraising specialists: A advisor for Nonprofit firms, Gene Scanlan offers a considerate and deliberative advisor for the way to pick, improve, and continue profitable relationships with specialists that may aid firms in attaining their objectives. it's also an outstanding source for specialists, either new and skilled, on the way to top serve our clients."
Barbara L. Ciconte, CFRE, Senior vice chairman, Consulting Services
Donor ideas, Inc.
"Finally, a ebook that gives a balanced and informative point of view approximately fundraising consulting. Gene presents stable info for agencies to think about while utilizing a specialist whereas additionally describing the consultant's perspective. All this may in basic terms bring about a greater use of specialists and extra winning nonprofits."
Sandra Renner, MSW, CFRE, Renner Consulting
Strategic Philanthropic guidance
"This booklet is a wonderful resource for a improvement or starting place director to learn sooner than hiring any form of advisor. It courses you thru the hunt method and tells you ways to guage your clients. this is often in particular vital for small improvement workplaces or foundations that depend on outsourcing fundraising initiatives or campaigns to specialists. It even indicates easy methods to use specialists as an inventive resource!"
Jeanne G. Jacob, CAE, CFRE, government Director
Goodwin residence starting place
Read Online or Download Fundraising Consultants: A Guide for Nonprofit Organizations PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* professional C++ programmer Matthew Telles exhibits builders at any point of expertise find out how to shop hours through bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* a few of the recommendations coated contain studying asserts, making a entire category, hiding a style of a base classification, liberating blocks of reminiscence, enforcing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for mistakes at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and decreasing code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving innovations structure makes getting to know each one timesaver a snap* C++ is considered one of present day most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by means of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This publication is the fitting better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a finished company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s adventure crafting and imposing philanthropic and volunteer suggestions with businesses resembling IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common turbines. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this fascinating new development.
Nonprofit corporations carry a unique position in society because the nation's moral area. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to higher humanity. like all company, even though, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the gang of firms whose sole goal during this global is to be sturdy and to unfold that reliable has but to completely shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as basically the nonprofit region can.
- Growing Your Membership: 91 Ways to Recruit & Retain More Members
- Donor-Centered Planned Gift Marketing: (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series)
- Fundraising Law Made Easy
- Organizing God’s Work: Challenges for Churches and Synagogues
Additional resources for Fundraising Consultants: A Guide for Nonprofit Organizations
This service is different from the development audit or assessment because it is entirely focused on external stakeholders (although contributing and other board members may be included in the process). There is usually no internal assessment by the consultant, only a series of interviews with individual donors (usually major donors) and donor prospects, and possibly with foundation and corporate donors and prospects. Usually a case prospectus, fact sheet, annual report, or other information on the organization is sent to the prospective interviewees, along with a letter of invitation explaining the purposes of the interview.
The consultant will supply the needed expertise and do the asking, rarely needing to call on board or staff members. As was pointed out earlier, there may be legal issues, and the consultant or ﬁrm may in fact be classed as a solicitor depending on your state laws. But there are also strong philosophical differences among consultants and consulting ﬁrms over this approach. ‘‘Onsite campaign management’’ is one of the services offered by many reputable ﬁrms and some individual consultants. In these arrangements the consultant or ﬁrm basically functions as a development staff member for the organization.
For example, a consultant/solicitor might meet with a potential campaign major donor who expresses two options he or she is considering: a campaign gift now, or inclusion of the organization in his or her estate plans with a signiﬁcant portion of the estate to go to the organization. The consultant/solicitor may focus on the campaign gift so that it can be counted toward the goal; the best interests of the organization might be served by the planned gift. Does the ﬁrm that offers on-site campaign management services also offer to do a feasibility study, and does it offer to package these two services?