By Tom Ahern
Written through fundraising specialists Tom Ahern and Simone Joyaux, retain Your Donors is a brand new, profitable consultant to creating disappointing donor retention premiums a specific thing of the prior. This useful and provocative ebook will allow you to grasp the innovations and strategies that make fundraising communications ecocnomic. jam-packed with case experiences and established partly at the CFRE and AFP activity analyses, preserve Your Donors is your definitive consultant to getting new donors—and maintaining them—for many years yet to come.
Read or Download Keep Your Donors: The Guide to Better Communications & Stronger Relationships (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series) PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles exhibits builders at any point of expertise how you can keep hours by means of enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* a number of the recommendations lined contain learning asserts, making a entire type, hiding a style of a base classification, liberating blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for error at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving ideas structure makes getting to know each one timesaver a snap* C++ is considered one of trendy most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided through Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This booklet is definitely the right better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a entire company citizenship programThis guide attracts from the author’s adventure crafting and imposing philanthropic and volunteer thoughts with businesses similar to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common turbines. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this fascinating new development.
Nonprofit corporations carry a unique position in society because the nation's moral quarter. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like all company, in spite of the fact that, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the crowd of firms whose sole objective during this international is to be reliable and to unfold that reliable has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as basically the nonprofit zone can.
- Designing and Planning Programs for Nonprofit and Government Organizations
- Agricultural Trade Facilitation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Structure and Dynamics of the European Market for Horticultural Products and Opportunities for SSA Exporters (World Bank Working Papers, No. 63)
- Foundation Management: Innovation and Responsibility at Home and Abroad
- Innovation und Systementwicklung in der Frühförderung: Neue Fachlichkeit – Neue Finanzierung – Neue Allianzen
- Cultivating Diversity in Fundraising
- Social Entrepreneurship
Additional resources for Keep Your Donors: The Guide to Better Communications & Stronger Relationships (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series)
The ‘‘tend and befriend’’ notion developed by Drs. Klein and Taylor may explain why women consistently outlive men. Study after study has found that social ties reduce our risk of disease by lowering blood pressure, heart rate, and cholesterol. ‘‘There’s no doubt,’’ says Dr. ’’5 Not only do you use social capital yourself, you watch its use daily. From religious congregations to school boards, sports leagues to civic groups, Internet networks to professional associations and your own favorite nonprofits—all this is social capital in action, carried out through all those civil society organizations.
Well, this book talks about that, just like I do always. I suspect we all need a larger context; otherwise, complacency sets in. We stay in our comfort zone. Perhaps the larger context can serve as a touchstone—or a lens or frame—to help us venture where we are less comfortable; to challenge us. For me, the larger context includes two elements: (1) a philosophical framework for philanthropy and (2) effective organizations that create an environment conducive to effective fund development. I believe these two elements position organizations to develop better fund development programs.
They band together to build a strongercommunity. Of course, the degree of civic engagement goes up and down in any community or society at large. For years the United States has had one of the lowest philosophical framework 5 records of voter turnout in any voting nation. That’s an example of bad civic engagement. Around the world, growing numbers of people volunteer; that’s good civic engagement. The nonprofit/NGO sector plays a critical role in civic engagement. People get together to form nonprofits to help others.