By Tracy D. Connors
Thoroughly revised and accelerated, the last word consultant to starting—and keeping—an lively and powerful volunteer program
Drawing at the adventure and services of well-known experts on nonprofit corporations, The Volunteer administration guide, moment Edition is the one advisor you wish for constructing and holding an energetic and potent volunteer software. Written through nonprofit chief Tracy Connors, this useful reference deals useful suggestions on such crucial matters as motivating humans to volunteer their time and prone, recruitment, and extra. up to date and sensible, this can be the fundamental consultant to handling your nonprofit's most crucial source: its volunteers.
• Now covers volunteer demographics, volunteer application leaders and executives, coverage making and implementation, making plans and employees research, recruiting, interviewing and screening volunteers, orienting and coaching volunteers, and lots more and plenty more
• up to date, sensible counsel for the foremost components of volunteer management and management
• Explores volunteers and the legislations: liabilities, immunities, and responsibilities
Designed to assist nonprofit firms live on and thrive, The Volunteer administration instruction manual, moment Edition is an imperative reference that's unsurpassed in either the breadth and intensity of its insurance.
Read Online or Download The volunteer management handbook: leadership strategies for success PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
* professional C++ programmer Matthew Telles indicates builders at any point of expertise the way to retailer hours by means of enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* a few of the concepts lined comprise getting to know asserts, making a entire type, hiding a mode of a base classification, liberating blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for blunders at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and decreasing code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving innovations structure makes gaining knowledge of every one timesaver a snap* C++ is certainly one of state-of-the-art most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided via Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This ebook is the correct better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th version (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a finished company citizenship programThis guide attracts from the author’s event crafting and imposing philanthropic and volunteer thoughts with businesses equivalent to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common generators. the nice company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this intriguing new development.
Nonprofit agencies carry a distinct position in society because the nation's moral zone. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like every company, even if, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the gang of organisations whose sole goal during this international is to be reliable and to unfold that solid has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as merely the nonprofit quarter can.
- Probability and Stochastic Modeling
- Attention-Grabbing Events: Nonprofit Events that Draw Interest and Support to Your Cause
- Jump-Starting the Stalled Fundraising Campaign (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series)
- Designing and Planning Programs for Nonprofit and Government Organizations
- Secret Societies and Clubs in American History
- Strategic Giving: The Art and Science of Philanthropy
Extra resources for The volunteer management handbook: leadership strategies for success
The author cites data illustrating the positive correlation between organizations reporting strongly positive volunteer-staff relations and those having Preface xxxiii a designated manager of volunteers using effective volunteer management processes. The characteristics of the effective volunteer-staff team are outlined, followed by a discussion of a variety of useful volunteer-staff teams. Recognizing the symptoms of dysfunctional volunteer-staff relationships can be important to the very survival of the organization.
Stafﬁng ‘‘consists of recruiting, training, and developing people who can contribute to the organization’’ (Kreitner, 1998, p. 15). In volunteer organizations, stafﬁng applies to securing and managing both paid staff and volunteers. Krywood (2010) provides an excellent discussion on stafﬁng within volunteer organizations. Communicating involves ‘‘managers . . communicating to their employees the technical knowledge, instructions, rules, and information required to get the job done’’ (Kreitner, 1998, p.
The United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (2008) concluded that during the 12 months This chapter is based on an article coauthored by the chapter’s authors with Joseph A. Gliem and Rosemary R. Gliem of The Ohio State University, published in 2005 in Journal of Volunteer Administration 23(3). Portions of the original article have been duplicated verbatim with written permission of the editor of the International Journal of Volunteer Administration. 3 4 Volunteer Models and Management between September of 2007 and 2008, almost 62 million people volunteered for formal organizations in the United States; this roughly corresponds to almost 27% of the population aged 16 and over.