By Jon Duschinsky
The flat global -- The realities of the flat global -- the worldwide philanthropy obstacle -- From fifties to fractions -- The four-step plan to flat philanthropic good fortune -- Balancing out the longer term fundraising combine
Read or Download Philanthropy in a flat world: inspiration through globalization PDF
Similar nonprofit organizations & charities books
* professional C++ programmer Matthew Telles exhibits builders at any point of expertise tips to keep hours through enhancing, refactoring, and debugging their code* a few of the thoughts coated contain gaining knowledge of asserts, making a entire category, hiding a style of a base type, liberating blocks of reminiscence, imposing an easy locking mechanism, growing debugging macros, checking for error at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and decreasing code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving options layout makes gaining knowledge of every one timesaver a snap* C++ is one in all modern day most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided by way of Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This booklet is the appropriate better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th variation (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a finished company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s event crafting and imposing philanthropic and volunteer suggestions with businesses reminiscent of IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and common generators. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this interesting new pattern.
Nonprofit firms carry a distinct position in society because the nation's moral quarter. They advertise carrier, goodwill and kindness and serve to raised humanity. like all enterprise, besides the fact that, they could additionally adventure moral indiscretions. the crowd of businesses whose sole function during this global is to be sturdy and to unfold that sturdy has but to completely shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as merely the nonprofit region can.
- Collective Bargaining and Increased Competition for Resources in Local Government
- The Fundraising Feasibility Study: It's Not About the Money (AFP Fund Development Series) (The AFP Wiley Fund Development Series)
- Social Media and Communications Technology: Essential Strategies for Nonprofits and Associations
- Organizing God’s Work: Challenges for Churches and Synagogues
- Wiley Not-for-Profit GAAP 2016: Interpretation and Application of Generally
Extra info for Philanthropy in a flat world: inspiration through globalization
We cannot really understand where we are and work out where we are going if we do not have a clearer idea of how we got here. Thomas Friedman identifies 10 processes, or flatteners, that have played an important, if not essential, role in moving us toward this globalized society. I have taken these 10 flatteners and put them in 31 FLAT AND BEAUTIFUL a philanthropic context. What emerges are four major trends: political, technological, human, and economic. Political Trends Politics has played a huge part in our lives as citizens of the world in the past 100 years.
I waited on a bus for nine hours in Bratislava to travel to Vienna. We didn’t believe that our passports would be accepted! As we stepped out of the bus in Vienna, suddenly the joy of actually being there was turned into shock at the incredible difference between the two countries—what people were buying there, the shops they had, the cafés they were sitting in. For us, Czechoslovaks, it was unbelievable. “Even if the euphoria around the revolution quickly turned to the challenges of building a democracy, it doesn’t take anything away from the fact that this change was produced by hundreds of thousands of individuals coming together.
Or maybe you could just simply check out the financial flows of Western Union, and look at how much money from rich Indian families in Delhi and Bangalore is now flowing into poor, depressed Indian communities in the United Kingdom. Or how much money from successful Mexican entrepreneurs is now flowing into deprived Mexican communities in the United States. We live in a world where foundations and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) are multinationals, where multinationals are foundations, and where the divide between haves and have-nots, between rich 15 FLAT AND BEAUTIFUL and poor, is no longer geographic.