By James E. Austin
Presented by way of The Drucker Foundation
"Austin has exposed the typical components and key ideas that make for powerful collaborations.... In The Collaboration Challenge, he illuminates those key classes for all leaders, and allows every one folks to fulfill the collaboration challenge."
—Frances Hesselbein, chairman of the board of governors, The Drucker origin, and John C. Whitehead, founder, the toilet C. Whitehead Fund for Not-for-Profit administration, Harvard enterprise School
"Austin has played a important carrier for nonprofit agencies and their company companions by way of illuminating the dynamics of profitable relationships. His valuable booklet merits to be largely learn by means of leaders in either sectors considering expanding the effectiveness in their social motion agenda."
—Rosabeth Moss Kanter, Harvard enterprise institution, writer of World classification and Rosabeth Moss Kanter at the Frontiers of Management
"The complete nonprofit zone has been trying to find the services and instruments this booklet presents. not anything else love it exists."
—Bill Shore, government director of Share-Our-Strength and writer of The Cathedral Within and Revolution of the Heart
In those complicated occasions, while no association can be successful by myself, nonprofits and companies are embracing collaboration for mutual merits. Nonprofits are partnering with companies to extra their missions, advance assets, increase courses, and thrive within the aggressive international. businesses also are studying that alliances with nonprofits generate major rewards: elevated purchaser choice, superior worker morale, larger model id, enhanced company tradition, and better innovation.
In this well timed and insightful publication, James E. Austin presents a pragmatic framework for figuring out how conventional philanthropic relationships will be reworked into strong strategic alliances. He bargains recommendation and classes drawn from the reviews of various collaborations, together with Timberland and town yr; Starbucks and CARE; Georgia-Pacific and the character Conservancy; MCI WorldCom and The nationwide Geographic Society; Reebok and Amnesty foreign; and Hewlett-Packard and the nationwide technology source Center.
Readers will learn the way to:
- Find and attach with high-potential partners
- Ensure strategic healthy with the partner's project and values
- Generate better worth for every companion and society
- Manage the partnering dating effectively
Read or Download The Collaboration Challenge: How Nonprofits and Businesses Succeed Through Strategic Alliances PDF
Best nonprofit organizations & charities books
* pro C++ programmer Matthew Telles exhibits builders at any point of expertise how one can retailer hours by way of bettering, refactoring, and debugging their code* a number of the options lined comprise getting to know asserts, making a entire classification, hiding a style of a base classification, releasing blocks of reminiscence, enforcing an easy locking mechanism, developing debugging macros, checking for error at run-time, discovering and solving reminiscence leaks, and lowering code complexity* The easy-to-follow, two-column Timesaving recommendations structure makes getting to know each one timesaver a snap* C++ is one among modern day most generally used programming languages, with compilers provided via Microsoft, Borland, and Code Warrior* This publication is the proper better half to C++ For Dummies, 5th version (0-7645-6852-3)
A step by step primer on making a accomplished company citizenship programThis instruction manual attracts from the author’s adventure crafting and enforcing philanthropic and volunteer innovations with businesses similar to IBM, Exxon, Mobil, 3M, and normal turbines. the great company Citizen lays out how businesses can maximize this interesting new pattern.
Nonprofit businesses carry a distinct position in society because the nation's moral quarter. They advertise provider, goodwill and kindness and serve to higher humanity. like all company, despite the fact that, they could additionally event moral indiscretions. the crowd of firms whose sole objective during this international is to be sturdy and to unfold that reliable has but to totally shape an operational code of ethics--a code that promotes humanity as basically the nonprofit region can.
- Foundation Management: Innovation and Responsibility at Home and Abroad
- The Public Relations Handbook
- Revolution in the Mailbox: Your Guide to Successful Direct Mail Fundraising (The Mal Warwick Fundraising Series)
- Good Governance for Nonprofits: Developing Principles and Policies for an Effective Board
- Cause Related Marketing
- The Study of the Nonprofit Enterprise: Theories and Approaches
Extra resources for The Collaboration Challenge: How Nonprofits and Businesses Succeed Through Strategic Alliances
Are communication processes explicit? How high are performance expectations set, and how is accountability ensured? Systematic thinking is essential to strategic planning, and the Collaboration Continuum is a useful reference for systematic analysis of a collaboration. Although integrative relationships have the highest strategic value on the continuum, other relationship stages perform important functions and may ﬁt an organization’s particular needs better at some times. This point is elaborated further in Chapter Six in discussing the collaboration portfolio approach to managing multiple relationships.
It crystallized in Swartz’s mind the value of direct community service by employees as a means of fostering team building, leadership development, interdepartmental relationships, project management abilities, and in general, a highinvolvement culture wherein individual and collective efforts make a difference in outcomes within and outside the business. City Year made a presentation at the opening of a Timberland retail outlet and later to a Timberland international sales meeting. Swartz was elected to City Year’s board of directors, and the company made a $1 million contribution, spread over three years.
Embedded in their words are powerful insights and lessons about how to effectively meet the collaboration challenge. 15 17 2 Understanding Strategic Collaboration D o you know what type of cross-sector collaborative relationship your organization has or wants? In the absence of a ready typology of collaborations, you may ﬁnd this question difﬁcult to answer. In the business world, strategic frameworks abound, and new ones emerge with great frequency in the business world. This is not merely technical faddism; such frameworks usually emerge from empirical scrutiny of what businesses are doing and managers are thinking.